Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 24 6 months!

I am into my 24th week!
Saw my surgeon Thursday and I have good news....He has cleared me to start training again. I have been training for about a week now so I dont feel like I pushed it. I have done everything I possibly could leading up to today to get me where I am now...able to train! I see the doctor again in 6 weeks.

I am not allowed to spar yet. I have been sparring boxing and so for the next 6 more weeks, I plan on focusing on my hands and getting them better. I have to get my quad strong again as I wrote before. The surgeon didnt seem too bothered with my quad being 50% weaker than the good side. My hamstrings are kinda equivalent and so he was content with that. He said that the hamstring is more important than the quad since it supports the acl. I already knew this and have been working on hamstrings since surgery.

He wants me to wear my brace when I do agility training or side to side movements. I dont see the point in this and so Im not doing it. The brace just makes me have this false confidence. I feel stronger and good with out it!

For some reason Im not super excited about anything. I just feel tired. Ive been working hard at getting able to train and been stressing and worrying about not being able to train hard for competition. I am stressed out about not getting where I want to go with muay thai. But, I cant do that. I just hope that this is the last nasty injury. I know its not going to be the last but I hope and pray or plead that this acl injury is the last time....and I am hoping for no more concussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment