Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5.5 Months Now

Ive been slacking big time with my blog! Anyway, things are going well! Things have progressed in a way where I think something bad has to happen. I have to proceed with caution to be safe. I worry about re-injury.

Last week I visited another gym and had the chance to take their classes. I was really hesitant at first to kick. I am not kicking with full power but I kick at about 50%. I am not even trying to kick hard. All I do is just focus on my technique and throw the kick...not holding back but letting my leg go.
I did roundhouse kicks and switch kicks. I was fine.

 Yesterday, I did 2 hours of class. 1 hour of simple boxing drills and for the kickboxing class...I kicked lightly for at least 5 rounds and held pads for the new people.

Today, I did my last PT session. It kinda sucked and my knee is paying for the session. I started off on the treadmill. We had a re-evaluation and did the following:

-single leg hop
-triple hop
-triple crossover hops
-then did this bio-something machine where I kick out and pull in at different speeds.

My quads are weak as hell. At the slowest speed, my quad is 50% weaker than the good side. My hamstrings are equivalent. The kicking out motion really got to me. I think I am still sore from yesterday...I should have gone easy so I could do well in PT. but oh well. I see the surgeon tomorrow afternoon and I dont know what he will say.

My new plan is to strengthen my quads as much as possible and get my strength even on both legs. I cant kick spar yet. Thats ok with me. I am just going to do classes a couple days a week and just focus on developing my skills and strengthening my legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment