Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

16 weeks complete...on to week 17

So Im feeling pretty strong right now. I haven't been to PT in 3.5 weeks. But, I have been doing everything I CAN do to build strength in my leg and maintain some kind of conditioning.

To sum up the week, I took it pretty easy on my knee because I wanted to make sure that my knee wasn't swollen for tomorrow. I see the surgeon Monday at 2pm. I hate going to him, because its expensive and he always has bad news....or news I don't want to hear. I don't want to be a pessimist, but I think its important to prepare for bad news rather than go in being hopeful and then leaving disappointed and angry because I can't get closer to training. Last time I went I expected to be told that I could start jogging, single leg jumping, and start squatting with heavy weight. This time around, I do expect to start jogging and jumping. I really do! I am also running tomorrow regardless of what he says. I know I am ready for more! My knee doesn't hurt. On a scale from 0-10, I have 0! No pain.

I do get stiff after sitting for too long still. The transition from sitting for 30 minutes to walking is always uncomfortable, but when I get going, Im fine. If I keep moving, I am fine!

Things I have been doing that makes me happy are bicycle for 10-20mins, upper body weight lifting, and most of all...Padwork! Ive been doing pad work standing for 2 weeks now. We have been doing 5 rounds. Its the only thing that makes me sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment