Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Words of Encouragement to Self and All

I have to admit that I haven't always been pleasant to be around. Especially my boyfriend. From the few weeks before my doctors visit in April 21st till the week before May 19th, Ive been crazy. Very angry all the time, waking up upset, driving to and from work crying, lots of crying before going into the gym. I hated going to the gym and I didn't want to be there. At the same time I needed to be there. It was love hate. I didn't want to see anyone! Seeing people train in class, for fights, or work out in general was really upsetting. I would sit on the stationary bicycle and just dislike the situation so much. Looking at my knee pissed me off. I wanted to explain to my boyfriend what I was feeling but I couldn't. I still struggle with the words because I feel stupid feeling those things.

So, everyday, don't just do the same routine. After a week or two of doing the routine, change it up. You got to. For me, what kept me going was upper body workouts. For the first 12 weeks, I had the same routine. That drove me crazy! Don't do that. Write out a plan that you can stick to and build up on. I got help from teammates at the gym and they wrote out a 4 day upper body workout and 2 leg day plan. I have stuck to it the last 4 weeks and I feel so much better. Focus on what you can do, make goals, reach them! Make new ones and keep moving.

For me, I am going to be strong as shit for my upper body and core. I want to look strong and lean so doing that also requires eating cleaner. So, I have been eating more meat and veggies. I will get my leg strong again. Its just going to take time and diligence. So, everyday I am either moving closer or away from my goal. I want to fight amateur muay thai this fall. Id love to by November. Thats my goal so I got to reach it and prove to myself that I can do it. I graduate next Spring...or plan to, so i want to get this fight in before 2014 closes. Then I want to compete at WKAs next March and IKF in the summer. Theres too much stuff going on for me to miss another year. So, goals are set and must be reached!


No comments:

Post a Comment