Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week 15, light at the end of the tunnel

Been working on a different workout to help me get through this month.
Last week I did 2 leg days. Each day was different. I did experience a new kind of soreness as I walked but it went away after a day. This week I am also doing legs 2X, but instead of breaking up the routine in 2 sessions I am just going to do all of the exercises in one session. Ive been doing the bicycle for 10-15 minutes as a warm up.

I have been able to do bag work. I work my hands and defense. I am able to practice shielding kicks...I use my good leg to check and stand on my bad leg. I am also able to lead leg push kick. I can shadow box and throw kicks in the air. Jump rope is getting easier and kicking the soccer ball is fun. Yesterday, I tried kneeing the bag gently...putting my weight on my bad leg. It wasnt too bad...but mentally I was concerned I would ruin my graft. So, for now I will stick to push kicks, punches, and defense.

I dont experience a lot of pain. Its a 1. I do get really stiff if I sit too much. Sitting and then standing is uncomfortable but when I get moving I am fine.

Another thing I can do is hold mitts for others. Boxing only though.

Working on my diet this week is my new thing to develop. Im 133 at the end of the day, so Im going to try to walk around at 130 by the time I see the Dr. again.

Milestones:
Heel touches butt (Week 15)
Boxing (Since week 14: light pivoting, pushing off back leg)
Jump rope (Since week 12)
Kicks and knees to soccer ball (Since week 12)
Push kick on the heavy bag (Week 15)
Holding mitts for students (boxing only) (Week 15)



Today,
Bicycle 10-15 minutes
Leg workout
Ab work
Neck exercises
Heavy bag work 5 rounds-incorporate the elbows
Mitt work 5 rounds
Shadow boxing 3-5 rounds



No comments:

Post a Comment