Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

6 weeks post ACL surgery

6 weeks post op now 
Logged on 3-30-16

In the 3 PT sessions prior to today, my knee was in a lot of pain possibly due to the addition of these hamstring slides on the total body gym machine. During the exercise my shins were in a lot of pain. The machine is supposed to work the hamstrings but my anterior tibialis was strained. The pulling of the knee really makes my knee sore.

Things I do in PT:

8 minute elliptical warm up
Stretching. I must remember to massage my patella to ease the patellar tendinitis pain.
pistol squat on the incline
pistol squat on the boss ball (flat side)
step downs
step ups, keep left leg on the box and without pushing up with my right leg, come up.
leg press
hamstring curl
hack squats
bungee cord, resistance band walks. This was new. Walked forwards, backwards, sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment